1. Edinburgh Digital Entertainment Festival Management reserves the right to refuse admission and to admit latecomers ONLY if and when there is a suitable break in the event. Latecomers are not guaranteed entry to an event. If a ticket-holder is late for an event and not admitted, no exchange or refund of tickets will be due.
2. Edinburgh Digital Entertainment Festival events have unreserved seating and cannot guarantee all members of a party will be seated together.
3. Tickets should be collected in person in Edinburgh the Edinburgh Digital Entertainment Festival box office, any Assembly Festival Box Office or from the box offices of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe Society, Gilded Balloon, Pleasance and Underbelly. Please collect your tickets at least 30 minutes before the scheduled event start time.
4. Purchase is final and tickets cannot be exchanged or money refunded. Exception is made only in the case of an event being cancelled. If an event is cancelled, ticket holders will be offered seats at any rescheduled event or other event (subject to availability) up to the face value of the tickets or a refund.
5. Tickets are sold subject to the management’s right to make any alteration to the advertised arrangements.
6. For most events at Edinburgh Digital Entertainment Festival, general concession prices are applicable to students, registered unemployed, customers with disabilities, senior citizens (65+ or 60+ and in receipt of a UK pension) and children under the age of 18. If concession tickets have been booked, valid proof of concession for each ticket must be shown at box office. If proof cannot be shown you will be charged the full adult ticket cost.
7. Access to the Virtual Reality Studio is limited to persons aged 14 and up.
8. Games Studio workshops for children aged 6 and up.
7. Group discounts – For many events, a 10% discount for groups of 10 persons or more is available. Please check prior to making your booking.
8. Edinburgh Digital Entertainment Festival operates a “Babes in arms” policy. Babies and very young children aged 18 months or under are granted entry to an event without a ticket, provided they are then seated in the lap of their accompanying adult and do not take up a seat for themselves.
9. All telephone and website bookings incur a handling fee of £0.90 per ticket, capped at £5.40 per booking. No handling fee is applied to tickets purchased in person from the box office.
10. Fringe-time. Our programme use a 24-hour clock to display show events. However, in line with the Fringe Society’s listings the days begin at 05:00 and end at 04:59, so shows in the early hours (e.g. 01:30) will be listed for the day before. Please ensure that you have booked tickets for the correct date before completing your purchase. For example, an event listed online and in the programme as ‘00:30 Saturday’ will refer to a event starting in the early hours of Sunday morning.
11. Purchase of a ticket to the Games Studio includes a free ticket to the Tech Hub on the same day. To claim your free ticket, visit the EDEF box office on George St on the day of your session and present your Games Studio ticket. You may then choose to access the Tech hub before or after your workshop.
For workshop tickets for children under 12, the free ticket includes access for one adult guardian.*
12. Purchase of a ticket to the VR Studio includes a free ticket to the Tech Hub on the same day. To claim your free ticket, visit the EDEF box office on George St on the day of your session and present your VR Studio ticket. You may then choose to access the Tech hub before or after your session.
13. Please note some Ideas Studio events may be filmed. Ticket holders consent to their filming and sound recording as members of the audience. By purchasing a ticket for this event you agree to being filmed or photographed.
14. By attending the Edinburgh Digital Entertainment Festival, you are voluntarily consenting to be photographed, filmed and otherwise recorded. Your entry in any of the Edinburgh Digital Entertainment Festival premises constitutes your consent to such photography, filming and recording of your voice, likeness and appearance and to any exploitation and other use thereof in any manner, in any and all media (whether utilizing technology now known or hereafter devised), throughout the universe, in perpetuity.